Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Documentaries

I have been on this documentary kick as of late. I have watched all kinds of documentaries; from people going to China to purchase tea to CGI Dinosaurs making love (and let me tell you that is it quite a tearful site when a T-Rex decides to father his babies). There is one downside to watching all of these documentaries, Pompousness.

I can not begin to tell you how many people I have looked down on because they did not know who created the Watts towers. Pssst, I'll help you out, it was created by yard gnomes... Latino Yard Gnomes. I even watch Documentaries I am not that interested in so I can be knowledgeable in that field. I can not tell you when "The Figure Skater Story" will come in handy; maybe when I am trying to impress someone at the ice rink or be a jackass at the roller rink.

I hate myself for it but I can't help myself, I think this stuff is really really interesting. I curse Netflix for giving the video heroin that I so desperately need. There should be a warning label in front of all documentary - This Documentary depicts graphic scenes and may entice you to be a complete douche bag to your friends.

Now, I am not saying that watching Documentaries are bad, though they can be meant for old people who enjoy rye bread, but we should embrace them with a sense of caution. Their goal is to educate and inform us of a life that we would know very litte with an attempt to be non-bias, even though some fail *coughmichaelmoorecough*. So we should watch and learn and that is it. If you see me on the street and recognize me; 1) wow you need a life (2) don't ask me about what documentary I saw because I would need to get down from my high horse for me to hear your question in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment